Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday morning 9 a.m.

Claira with Great, Great Aunt Nancy and Uncle Harold

I haven't been up and showered by 9 a.m. since Claira was born. Even on Sundays we have been going to late service.
Today was a big day. Claira fell back to sleep (after playing with her daddy for a while this morning) in her swing while Brandon and I ate a bowl of cereal. She was still asleep when we finished so I decided to go ahead and take a shower instead of getting back in the bed. The Lord was taking care of me this morning because not 10 minutes after I was dressed I heard Brandon talking to someone in the driveway as he was leaving for work. The voices sounded very familiar but I couldn't figure out who it was. Who else would stop by our house at 9a.m. on Monday morning but my wonderful Great-Aunt Nancy and Uncle Harold who live in Mississippi. They were on their way to visit their daughter and her kids and put our address in their GPS and decided to stop by and meet their Great, Great Niece. I was so thankful I had already had a shower (mind you I still hadn't brushed my wet head) and that Ben, Amy and Carter had come over for dinner the night before so the house was somewhat picked up.

What a wonderful surprise for a Monday morning. Claira is so blessed to have so many family members who love her so much. Her Grammy (Brandon's mom) is coming to stay for a whole week on Wednesday and she is super excited about it. (Okay, she didn't tell me she was super excited about Grammy coming but when I told her that Grammy was coming she gave me a big smile- she knows who is important). We like to say she is "advanced".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious are all of those pictures! I still do not get a shower every day...at some point in the day (usually naptime)it just doesn't matter anymore! :) Have fun with Grammy!

Aleta said...

She most definitely IS advanced! And Grammy can't wait to see her --you guys too of course!