Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's been too long.


No, I haven't forgotten about the blog and no, our life isn't so boring that I don't have anything to blog about. For some reason I feel like every blog post has to have a few updated pictures of Claira. That would mean I would have to take pictures of Claira, which would mean that I would have to remember to buy new batteries for the camera. Well, I haven't but, Claira spent 9 days at Grammy and Pa's house and they took pictures and gave them to us. So, now I can blog. (Aren't you glad I explained all of that!)
Yes, I did say NINE days at Grammy and Pa's. It was a very long time but she had a blast and it was nice for Brandon and I to have some time together both at home and traveling. We went to dinner & a movie and then got to sleep in on Saturday morning. Brandon even "made" me breakfast in bed (the Krispy Kreme donuts we got on our way home from the movie). We then
went to Atlanta for the Catalyst conference and Uplift board meeting. The conference was amazing and we had a great time with all the board members. Uplift 2010 is well on its way to being a wonderful summer.
Brandon and I flew to Lubbock and then drove to Clovis, NM on Saturday night. Claira was asleep but we went and peeped in. We got to worship with the church in Clovis on Sunday and came home to an amazing Grammy cooked Sunday lunch.
Claira grew so much in the 9 days we were gone. Grammy even decided to start potty training her!! She is going a great job. She is a little afraid of the big scary public restrooms, so much so that she held it for 9 hours while we drove to the airport and flew home yesterday. Today, she went in the potty 5 times. She had two accidents, both Mom's fault for not getting her there fast enough. She is talking more and more every day. Say something one time and she has it down,
which means you have to be very careful what you say around her.
It's good to be home and getting back into our routine. Now, if I could only get the suitcases unpacked.

Ok, so here are some new pictures of Claira thanks to Grammy.