Thursday, August 6, 2009

Claira's latest.

Here is an update of our rapidly growing little girl.

Claira is getting so big. She is becoming such a little girlie girl. She wakes up in the morning and the first thing she says is "bow". Yes, she wants me to put a bow in her hair, and in my hair, and on each of Pooh's ears. This morning she ended up with four bows in her hair by the time I picked her up out of the crib.
She has become obsessed with her baby dolls. She feeds them from her sippy cups, strolls them around the house, tucks them in for naps and this morning one of them had to sit at the table and eat breakfast with us. I made her leave them in the car today when we went to the post office, we had to strap them into the carseat before we could go inside. She is cracking me up.
We have been reading books constantly. If anyone has board books they don't want anymore, send them my way. I am so tired of reading the same books over and over again.
Claira is talking up a storm. It's so cool to finally be able to communicate with her. She is learning to put words together; "more bread please", "puppy dog", "pink dog", "thank you momma", "baby doll", etc.
She understands most of what I say like "If you don't come here, I am going to spank you." Me saying that results in one of two things; her coming to me because she doesn't want to get spanked or her running and hiding behind the glider like I can't get to her there. Sometimes she thinks it's a game, its hard not to laugh at her.
Night before last the tornado sirens went off at 3a.m. Brandon got up grabbed blankets, flashligh, laptop and pillows. I got Claira, her monkey, Pooh, two blankets and her blankie. She thought we were having a middle of the night party in the hall way. We had a great time. I was so afraid she wouldn't go back to sleep, but we laid her down around 4 and didn't hear a peep until 8a.m.
We are really blessed with an amazing little girl. God is so good to us.

Claira and Mom- July 2009


1 comment:

Josh and LB said...

Your post was really cute...i bet she's a trip! I love that picture of ya'll! She's a cutie!