Thursday, June 4, 2009

Claira Update:13 months

I am still in amazement at how fast our little girl is growing. I keep asking Brandon, "When did she get this big?" It seems like she should still be a little baby rocking in my arms. Good luck getting her to sit in your lap forget even trying to rock her.

This past week has been so fun just getting to spend some good quality time with just Claira.

"Trash" has been the new word for the past week or so. She picks anything up and puts it in the trash can for me. She stands next to me and waits for me to blow my nose so she can go put the tissue in the trash. She has started taking toliet paper off the role and then says "trash" and puts it immediately in the trash can (sometimes she pretends to blow her nose on it first).

Claira has also learned how to put words together "more please", "milk please", etc.

Everything is "one more". She can stack "one more" block on top, she can find "one more" piece of trash, she needs "one more" bite of food. She is so cute.

We have been taking her to campus to play on the front lawn in the evenings since no one is there. She is getting really good at kicking the ball. Her Uncle Jay would be very proud. She is going to be a great soccer player some day.

She wakes up in the morning ready to name all the things in her room and make all the animals noises to her stuffed animals. I love that the elephant is her favorite (ROLL TIDE!).

Another new thing is her need to "knock, knock" on every door. This has been especially funny since we are in Houston staying in a hotel. This morning she tried to knock, knock on every door on our way to breakfast (sorry to those people of the few doors she knocked on before we could stop her).

I think my most favorite thing she has been doing lately is her kisses. She's been blowing kisses and giving us kisses when we kiss her or if we ask for a kiss but recently she has just started walking up to us (and sometimes other people) and sticking out her lips to give us a kiss. She is such a sweet little girl.


Here is my new favorite Claira pic. taken by Brandon's sister, Christy, when we were at the zoo for Memorial Day/Carter's Birthday.
Thanks Nonna for the giraffe shirt that says "I love long hugs". Perfect for a day at the zoo.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love that picture! She is such a cutie. I know how you feel--I am amazed every day by the stuff Abby is doing!

Taran and Jessie & Ellis, Everett and Zula said...

Claira is too cute (but we already knew that)! wish i could have talked to you the other day on your way to Houston! Call me on your way back!

Geneva said...

You are so blessed and I am so happy for you. Reading about you as a mom seems so perfect for you. I especially loved the cleaning schedule you came up with a few months back. Miss you- more than you know.
Geneva