Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Just me and two small children: day 1.

I am staying at home with Claira and not going back to work!!! I am super pumped about being able to be at home. We aren't exactly sure how we are going to make all the money stretch as far as we need it to but, we know God is going to help us make it work.
Amy and Ben are letting me keep Carter while they are at work and I am so thankful for it. Not only do I get to see my nephew every day but they are also paying me to do it.
Today is the first day and I was a little nervous about the thought of having a 3 month old and a 14 month old at the same time. I know Claira can't go anywhere if I lay her on the floor but Carter is walking all over the place. I know lots of moms have two small kids but it is just a new adventure for me. Today has been wonderful. Carter and Claira have both been angels and it just makes me so excited about all the fun we are going to have (especially when Claira gets older and can actually play with Carter).
Carter's favorite thing today is to pat Claira on the head (sometimes you have to remind him not to do it so hard) but, it is so sweet. He wants to know what she is doing and tries to give her toys to play with. Claira took a good nap this morning and Carter and I got to hang out and explore our house. He loves walking up and down our long hall.
Right now, I have two sleeping angels. I can't imagine doing anything better than this.
God is so good.

2 comments:

Collin and Christy said...

awh, how special! So glad you get to take care of Carter too!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you're going to be a pro at handling the two munchkins; you've already had to handle brandon and claira at the same time, so should be no problem. : )